Must-see summer movies

Aavni+Gupta
Aavni Gupta

If you ever get tired of hanging out in 90 degree weather, grab a blanket, pop some popcorn, and catch up on some summer movies. Here are a few:

“Now You See Me: The Second Act” – June 10

The first movie blew you away with the combination of action and magic tricks. Now You See Me 2: The Second Act is again going to follow the four magicians through their adventures, but this time, they are going to work for a tech genius, played by Daniel Radcliffe. They will possibly perform their most challenging heist yet.

“Suicide Squad” – August 5

This isn’t your typical superhero movie. Suicide Squad is about DC super villains. These include such as the notorious Joker and Harley Quinn and how they are recruited when the U.S. government is faced with its biggest enemy yet. This movie is full of comedy and, of course, action. It stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Cara Delevingne.

“Finding Dory” – June 17

After Marlin and Nemo reunite after a long search, Dory, played by Ellen DeGeneres, realizes that she would also like to reunite with her own family. Dory tries to combat her memory loss so that she can find her loved ones. “I’m looking forward to seeing Finding Dory because I liked the movie when I was younger, and now I’m excited to see what they do with the new movie,” Sophomore Sara Brodsky said. This movie is perfect to see with family.

“Jason Bourne” – July 29

Jason Bourne stars Matt Damon. The CIA’s most lethal former operative finally comes out of hiding and soon learns the truth about his past in the fourth movie of the Jason Bourne series. This movie will be full of action and suspense.

“Star Trek: Beyond” – July 22

Justin Lin, the director of several Fast and Furious movies, is taking over the third Star Trek film from previous director, J.J. Abrams. The Enterprise finally starts its five-year mission, but the crew runs into trouble from an enemy, Krall, on the way. “I’m mostly excited to see Star Trek: Beyond or X-men: Apocalypse, because they both are part of series I enjoy, and I hope they will be good, but even if they are not I have to watch them anyway,” Freshman Robby Witten said. This movie stars Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, and Idris Elba.