SHEA’S DECLASSIFIED EXAM SURVIVAL GUIDE

SHEAS DECLASSIFIED EXAM SURVIVAL GUIDE
SHEA PERERA

As the end of the year approaches, smiles run across students’ faces the thought of summertime adventures. Before your mind can drift off to summertime fun, you need to conquer exams. With less than a week away from the end of school, students wish their afternoons are filled with joy rather than anxiety and tears. While your life might feel uncontrollable and miserable while studying for exams, here are a few tricks to help you survive during these pain inflicting times.

1. Tissues

Trying to remember what you’ve learned all semester? It’s okay to shed a tear or many. With tissues, no one will know that you have been crying for hours trying to relearn all the works of literature you have read this semester.

2. Website blocker

Any activity ranging from website browsing to doing the dishes sounds more entertaining than studying. With our current modern age,  it’s hard to shy away from using social media and watching netflix. Even though sometimes it may feel beyond our control to restrict our use of a website, using the app StayFocusd can help you stay on task.

3. Pillow

Thinking of staying up all night? Instead, opt for a nap and sleep the stress away.  There is no use feeling groggy and forgetting information when sleeping is proven to help improve retention capacity.

4. Candy/comfort food

Feeling like eating some chocolate? Give in and treat yourself after studying a chapter of a subject. There is nothing more satisfying than eating comfort food while suffering through the tortures of studying.

5. Concealer

As your regular sleep time ranging from six to seven hours dwindles to a bare minimum of less than four hours, the circles around you eyes darken to the color of midnight. This may sound pretty, but in reality, it is an individual’s worst nightmare. However, there is absolutely nothing to worry about  because concealer is there to help make your dark eye circles invisible.