Trump’s America

A prediction for Trump’s first 100 days
Trumps America

Our parents were right: anybody really can become President. We are heralding 2017 with a reality-TV mogul and hair icon ready to put up pictures of his Slovenian model wife on the Oval Office desk. As unpredictable as Donald Trump may be, the Trinity Prep Opinions department is here to help: we’re going to look into our crystal ball and predict the first 100 days of the Trump presidency for you.

Immigration

Trump is ready to make the United States 100 percent “bad hombre”-free. Starting with a sturdy physical wall funded in Mexican pesos, he hopes to make our immigration policy as solid as a fortress. The next steps include deporting undocumented criminal immigrants back to their home countries and terminating Obama’s two amnesties, because, according to Trump’s website, “that is what it means to have laws and to have a country.” With Trump, say goodbye to funding for sanctuary cities, or cities that protect undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them for violating immigration laws. These cities include New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. Trump is also all for ending the issuance of visas to places where he feels proper vetting cannot be done. This will make the acquisition of legal documents much more difficult for those hoping to move to America.

Education

In “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York,” Donald Trump directed a young child toward his destination. Today, Donald Trump seeks to direct all children of the United States of America towards seizing their destinies via his education reforms. Specifically, by reprioritizing existing federal dollars, he plans to immediately tack on an additional $20 billion of federal investment towards school choice. Furthermore, Trump seeks to give states the choice on whether these funds follow students to the school, private or public, that they attend. This way, states with private schools, magnet schools and charter laws are encouraged to participate. Trump also plans on working with Congress on a series of reforms that encourage universities to make stronger efforts towards reducing student debt—with federal tax breaks and tax dollars working as incentive.

Health Care

Two words: repeal Obamacare. We predict that taking down the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will be among the top priorities of Trump’s first 100 days. You might ask, why does he hate it so much? Well, he’s not a fan of the individual mandate that forces people to get health care coverage and the provisions that inhibit interstate purchases of insurance. He dreams of giving states block grants for Medicaid and allowing people to buy into Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). With a Republican House and Senate, his distaste for Obamacare may very well become policy.

Politics

Trump wants to do some major damage control to reduce the amount of special interest in Washington. He plans to decrease the size of our government and the amount of regulations that it passes. To reduce its size, Trump stated in his 100-day action plan that he will order “a hiring freeze on all federal employees…exempting military, public safety, and public health.” This will reduce the amount of jobs we have, but it will (hopefully) reduce corruption. To lower the amount of government regulations in existence, Trump proposed that the government scrap two existing regulations for every new one they pass. Finally, he has created a slew of bans on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists.

Taxes

Though Trump’s tax returns may seem to be a veiled and covert matter, the business mogul’s tax plans for the United States of America are large and in charge. Trump seems intent on reducing taxes across the board, with middle-class citizens receiving the bulk of the reductions. This way, Trump seeks to create a system where everybody pays their fair share, though nothing substantial enough to create strain on jobs or our ability to compete. Furthermore, Trump plans on eliminating special interest loopholes in order to trigger the rebirth of a more competitive economy with new opportunities. Lastly, reducing the cost of childcare is one of Trump’s priorities, allowing families (and stay-at-home parents) to fully deduct the average cost of childcare from their taxes.

Energy and Environment

Donald Trump wants to make America an energy superpower. He dreams of becoming energy independent by allowing America to access what he estimates to be $50 trillion worth of energy resources (shale, oil, natural gas, etc.) by lifting mining and production restrictions. This could lead to both drilling in national parks and an increased amount of fracking. Because “climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese,” Trump is ready to cancel “billions in payments to the U.N” that were meant to fund global efforts to fight climate change. Instead, this money will be directed toward improving American waste disposal, pollution control and water quality in places like Flint, Michigan.

Poll Results

These are the responses from the exit poll after the Young Democrats faced off against the Young Republicans during assembly time the week of the election.

Which Presidential candidate would you vote for in this election?

With which political party do you more ideologically associate?