Must watch shows of the fall

Courtesy of FOX
Poster for the new fall TV show, “Son of Zorn”

When it comes to fall most people look forward to Halloween, pumpkins and sweaters, but it’s also the best time for new TV shows. If you need something to watch this fall, check out these four new shows that will surely satisfy all your needs, whether you like to laugh, cry or scream while watching your favorite shows.

“This is Us”

Tuesdays at 10 on NBC

“This Is Us” is a new drama series on NBC that stars Emmy-winner Sterling K. Brown, Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia. The show is about a series of people who all share the same birthday. The promo might make the show seem like every other drama series, but it’s not because of its surprising twist at the end. “This Is Us” leaves you feeling happy, sad and curious already after the first episode.

“Son of Zorn”

Sundays at 8:30 on FOX

“Son of Zorn” is by far my favorite new show of the fall. Its hilarious cast features Jason Sudeikis, Tim Meadows and Cheryl Hines. The show is about a cartoon warrior, Zorn, who returned home to his non cartoon divorced wife and son in suburban Los Angeles. I know it might sound a little weird, but it will keep you laughing from start to finish.

“Speechless”

Wednesdays at 8:30 on ABC

JJ Dimeo, played by Micah Fowler, is no ordinary kid. Although he acts like every normal teenager, he has cerebral palsy a condition that leaves you speechless and limits you to many gestures. This is where the name “Speechless” comes from. The show follows him and his hilariously flawed family through their ups and downs in life. If you love “Modern Family” and “Black-ish,” this show will be the perfect end to your hump day.

“Designated Survivor”

Wednesdays at 10 on ABC

“Designated Survivor” is a new political thriller starring Kiefer Sutherland as the President of the United States. The promo shows a massive bomb hitting the State Union killing all of the people in it. Sutherland, playing Tom Kirkman who was the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, was the designated survivor. It is now his duty to run the United States as President. Will he live up to the challenge? I guess you’ll have to watch to find out.