Mars drops bars

Bruno Mars has dazzled the world with his upbeat tunes, bubbly personality and fresh moves. He has had many hit songs such as “Billionaire,” “Treasure,” “Locked Out of Heaven,” and his most famous song, “Uptown Funk.” He has also performed at the Super Bowl twice in less than three years with Beyoncé and Coldplay. For more than two years, Mars has been working on songs for an album that would be better than “Uptown Funk.” His latest album, 24K Magic was released Friday, Nov. 18.

“24K Magic”

“24K Magic” is a fun and upbeat song to listen to if you are happy or sad. It has an R&B and disco melody, so it’s easy to sing and dance along to. The song is supposedly a continuation of his most popular single, “Uptown Funk.” He uses many different instruments like the keyboard to create a unique sound.

“Chunky”

This song is about wanting a woman who is independent and will dance with him. However, it isn’t as catchy as “24K Magic,” but it still has a nice beat and memorable lyrics like “Ooh, chunky looking for them girls with the big old hoops/That drop it down in daisy dukes.”

“Too Good To Say Goodbye”

“Too Good To Say Goodbye” is my favorite track on this album. It is slower than the other songs on this album, but it is just as good. The song is about the desire to get a girl back since she wasn’t treated well: “I’ve made mistakes/I could have treated you better/I let you get away/ There goes my happily ever after.” He also makes a reference to his previous song, “When I Was Your Man,” with the lyrics “Tell me you remember when/Ooh, I was your man and you were my girl/It was you and me against the world.”

If you enjoy this album, make sure you check out Bruno Mars when he comes to the Amway Center on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017.