Charlie Puth’s new album will keep you “Up All Night”

Charlie Puth poses for his new album.
Courtesy of Charlie Puth’s official website
Charlie Puth poses for his new album.

Charlie Puth has been singing in front of hi fans since 2009, thanks to his success on YouTube, but in 2015, Puth’s fame grew immensely due to the hit of “See You Again” featuring famous rapper, Wiz Khalifia. “See You Again” became one of the biggest songs of the summer and was number one in the US, UK, Australia and Canada. Since 2011, Puth has been known for writing for other artists and being featured in songs, but now he has officially released his own album titled Nine Track Mind. “Marvin Gaye” and “One Call Away” have been playing on the radio repeatedly for weeks, but there are definitely some other tracks you should check out!

“We Don’t Talk Anymore”

Selena Gomez is featured in this duet, and I personally think this is one of the best collaborations that I have heard in awhile. I mean, what artist wouldn’t want to work with one of the most famous artists of today, Selena Gomez? Puth’s soothing voice and Gomez’s bold sound compliment each other very well to create a fun, but slow jam. Puth admitted in an interview with “Seventeen Magazine” that he had a major crush on Gomez and was very eager to work with her.

“Up All Night”

Puth plays this song on the piano and is able to hit some really high notes. This track reminds me of the “classic Charlie Puth voice,”because it’s calm and innocent. The song is about trying to get over a previous heartbreak, but not being able to do so. It is very catchy and will leave fans singing along after just one listen.

“Then There’s You”

“Then There’s You” has a really fun rhythm throughout the whole song. Puth sings about the most amazing girl and how no one is as beautiful or special as she is. Puth has had previous relationships with Hailee Steinfeld and Meghan Trainor and a crush on Gomez. This song is rumored to be about one of them. In the chorus, Puth hits some long notes that I haven’t heard from him before.

“Dangerously”

A fast-paced ballad that Puth wrote himself, this song is about the aftermath of a bad breakup. Puth sings about doomed romances that he had previously and even says “knew we would crash at the speed that we were going,” realizing the relationship was messy from the start. I really like the beat of this song and enjoy how passionate Puth’s voice is in this song.