The best and worst commercials of Super Bowl 50

Super Bowl Sunday is the most watched television event of the year with over 114 million viewers last year and 111.9 million viewers this year. Not only was this year the 50th Super Bowl, but one of the best years for commercials. The top commercials featured stars such as Drake and Kevin Hart. I know the game itself was not that exciting, but I hope you still stuck around for the commercials and Coldplay’s stellar halftime show. If you didn’t catch the whole game, we’ve got the best and worst commercials for you here.

Best Commercials

1. T-Mobile Drake Commercial – This was hands down the best commercial of the night. T-Mobile was able to make the overplayed Drake song “Hotline Bling” into the funniest commercial. Just when you thought you were over the song, Drake and surprisingly T-Mobile won us over.
  2. HEINZ Ketchup “Wiener Stampede” – The point of this commercial was super simple: Dachshunds as hot dogs running in slo-mo towards people dressed up as ketchup and mustard bottles. I know this might sound really stupid to a lot of people, but it was actually super cute which won extra points for me.
  3. Audi “Commander” Commercial – Audi knocked it out of the park with their heartwarming commercial. It’s about an aging, depressed man who needs a little reminder of his days as an astronaut. His son lets his dad drive his Audi and it immediately reminds him of the good old days. If you think it can’t get any sadder, just know they play the late David Bowie’s hit “Starman.”
  4. Hyundai “First Date” – Hyundai had the most ads of the night, but this one stood out the most for me. It features hilarious and very short Kevin Hart, who plays an over-protective dad that lets his daughter take his Hyundai on her first date. But, what she doesn’t know is that the car’s GPS allows Hart to follow her. This sounds like the perfect car for any dad.
  5. Doritos “Ultrasound”  – Personally, not my favorite commercial, but everyone I know seems to like it. It’s a mom getting an ultrasound while her husband is eating Doritos. The baby in the ultrasound keeps on trying to grab for the Doritos. Then, the mom makes the mistake of throwing the Doritos and the baby flies out of the mother’s womb

The WORST Commercial

1. Mtn Dew Kickstart “Puppymonkeybaby” – This is by far the weirdest commercial I’ve ever seen. It starts out as three friends on a couch when the puppymonkeybaby thing comes in. It starts dancing and singing puppymonkeybaby, then it goes up and licks one of the guys face. If you think that’s weird, wait until you watch it, it will give you nightmares. But, major creds to Mountain Dew for making a commercial that unfortunately you can’t unsee.