Best and worst movies of the summer

Courtesy of Flickr

Sadly, summer has come to an end and school is now upon us. Lucky for you, movies from the summer haven’t left the theaters yet. You have just enough time to see the best movies left of the summer, and if you really want to, you can see the worst ones maybe for an extra laugh or two.

Best Movies:

“Finding Dory”

After waiting a long 13 years, “Finding Dory” finally came out and was the smash hit of the summer. It follows the same plot as “Finding Nemo”, but instead of Nemo, it traces the life of everyone’s favorite character, Dory. With help of Marlin and Nemo, Dory embarks on an epic adventure to find her lost parents. This movie has the perfect balance of tears, laughs and everyone saying “Aww” which is awesome for all ages.

“Ghostbusters”

This has truly been the summer of sequels with “Finding Dory” and now a brand new “Ghostbusters” with an all-female cast. This awesome cast includes Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon. The new “Ghostbusters” does a good job of paying homage to the original “Ghostbusters”, but by also not completely copying it.

Worst Movies:

“Suicide Squad”  

When I first saw this trailer, I was so excited for the movie to come out that I even went to opening night, but then I saw it. For how much praise there was for the movie before it even came out it was a really big let down. The movie had such great potential with its amazing cast of Jared Leto, Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Viola Davis, but it fell flat because the characters didn’t work well together.  I would recommend saving the $12 from the ticket, but definitely download the soundtrack that features famous artist like Twenty One Pilots, Eminem and Imagine Dragons.

Nerve”

“Nerve” is basically about two friends, Emma Roberts and Dave Franco, playing a real-life game of truth or dare and, by the end, it really gets on your nerves. The movie was trying to0 hard to be both “Pretty in Pink” and “Purge”, but the problem is those movies don’t go together. The biggest problem I had with the movie was that it was too predictable and cheesy.