Maroon 5 concert review

Ever since Maroon 5 released its fifth album, V, more than two years ago, fans in Orlando have been waiting for the band’s tour to finally reach town. On Friday, Sept. 9, fans packed the Amway Center for an unbelievable performance. Before Maroon 5 hit the stage, R. City and Tove Lo were the opening acts. Both performed their own songs, including “Locked Away”  by R. City and “Habits” and “Talking Bodies” by Tove Lo. Both gave unforgettable performances that helped pass the time as fans were anxiously awaiting Maroon 5.

When Maroon 5 finally took the stage, the entire audience went wild. They opened with “Moves Like Jagger,” a hit from the band’s 2010 album. Although the band’s performance was not very theatrical, Maroon 5 engaged the audience for the entire performance. Lead singer Adam Levine hardly danced, but still managed to give an amazing show due to his on-point vocals.

Maroon 5 sang many songs from its most recent album as well as many oldies like “Misery” and “Sunday Morning.” A favorite of the night was when “Payphone” was performed. The entire band gathered at the front of the stage and started the song off with an a capella intro.

After more than an hour of nonstop singing, Maroon 5 left the stage but were soon cheered back on for an encore. The band performed a new song titled “Don’t Want to Know” as well as fan favorite “She Will Be Loved,” which was performed acoustically. Maroon 5 dedicated that song to Christina Grimmie, who Levine coached on “The Voice.” As the final song of the night, “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince was performed. This was a touching tribute to Grimmie and Prince, and it was an emotional, yet powerful way to end the show.