Feel the fear: Universal Orlando’s 26th Halloween Horror Nights

It’s not every day that you are chased down by a man revving a chainsaw. However, at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights (HHN), it’s all in a day’s work.

On select nights from September 16 through October 31, Universal Studios Orlando provides parkgoers with a chance to face their fears and venture through haunted houses and scare zones. If you are an avid adventurer, then Halloween Horror Nights is for you.

If haunted houses aren’t your thing, HHN is a great opportunity to enjoy roller coasters and rides with shorter wait times than those during daytime park hours.

THE HOUSES

In addition to three original houses, Halloween Horror Nights 2016 features six film and TV-inspired houses fit to satisfy all thrill-seekers’ needs.

Seasons 1, 4, and 5 of American Horror Story will be incorporated into the American Horror Story-themed house. Universal worked closely with the series creator and 20th Century Fox to guarantee that it captures the horror of the series as much as possible. In the maze, guests will run into the maniacal and deformed Twisty the Clown and the Countess of Hotel Cortez, who are sure to bring out a scream.

The Walking Dead is coming back this year after massive success in previous years. Enter Alexandria through filthy sewers and encounters groups like the Wolves and the Saviors.

Krampus, The Exorcist, Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddenfield, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are the four other movie and TV show-themed haunted houses that can be explored this year.

THE SCARE ZONES

To ensure that guests are always on their toes, the creators of HHN planted five scare zones throughout the park. Scare zones are sectors situated across Universal Studios that are packed with actors playing werewolves, witches, clowns, and more. They get up in guests’ faces and rev extremely loud chainsaws. Fortunately for those of us on the antsy side, actors are not allowed to touch or grab guests.

Survive or Die, Banshee’s Lair, Dead Man’s Wharf, Vamp 1955, and A Chance in Hell are this year’s scare zone themes.

TIPS FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE

Need a break from the terror? Since all the rides and rollercoasters in Universal Studios are open and running during Halloween Horror Nights, it’s a great chance to take advantage of rides like “The Mummy,” “Rip-Ride Rockit,” and “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.” Most people spend their evening in the haunted houses, so the wait times are often really short!

If you’re looking to make it through a scare zone without the scare, buy an ice-cream cone. Banshees, mummies, and clowns tend to avoid guests with tasty treats.

TICKETS
Florida resident individual tickets cost from $55.99 to $82.99 when paid in advance, depending on the day of the week. If one night of fear isn’t enough, frequent fear passes are the way to go. They vary in price, as they are determined by package, but sell from $91.99 to $599.99.

To purchase Florida resident tickets, visit this link: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/florida-resident-discount-tickets.html