Exciting events in November

As the holiday season begins, many people look forward to classic events in November such as Thanksgiving and Black Friday. However, Orlando offers events that typically aren’t known to most people. If you want to try something new and exciting this November, then these are great events for you to check out with friends and family.

Orlando Festival of Bacon- Baldwin Park- November 4

Bacon is traditionally a breakfast food. However, Baldwin Park will be hosting the Orlando Festival of Bacon where you can eat bacon all day. You can also enjoy the atmosphere by walking around, listening to music and enjoying the entertainment. You can buy tickets ahead of time by going to the website: https://festivalofbacon.com/#about.

Jay-Z- Amway – Nov 11th

In June, Jay-Z released his 13th solo album, “4:44.” “The Story of OJ,” “4:44” and “Kill JAY-Z” are a few of the rap star’s songs that you can expect to hear at the concert. If you want to hang out with friends while listening to good music, the concert is perfect for you. The show starts at 8 p.m., and tickets start at $31.

Foam Glow 5K- November 17th

The Foam Glow 5K is an enjoyable way to workout while having fun with friends. As the black lights shine, the neon foam will be sprayed on your white T-shirt while you go through the Foam Glow 5K zones that are set up throughout the course. After you finish, you can celebrate with music and hang out with others in the community. For more information and to register, visit http://www.foamglow.com/whats-foamglow/.

Barktober Fest- Lake Eola- November 19th

The sixth annual Barktoberfest is almost here, with many dogs waiting to be adopted. The annual event promotes the partnership between the Orange County Animal Shelter and local animal rescue communities. Stop by between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. at Lake Eola Park to both play with and adopt rescued dogs from around the state. If you choose to adopt, there will be free rabies vaccinations and microchips.

The Turkey Trot- Lake Eola- November 23rd

Thanksgiving is a holiday comprised of many family traditions, whether it is waking up early to watch the Macy’s Day Parade, Black Friday shopping or having your favorite Thanksgiving dish. If you are looking for a new family tradition, try running (or walking) in the Turkey Trot around Lake Eola. The 5k has been around for 28 years and raises money for Meals on Wheels and other programs that support seniors citizens in the community. For more information and to register, visit http://www.trackshack.com/event/240.