Boys Varsity Soccer Team season recap

Gordon Ahl celebrates after a goal.
Emma Meeks
Gordon Ahl celebrates after a goal.

Trinity’s Boys Soccer team finished their season with a solid record of 9-9-1. After beating Lake Highland Prep in the regular season, the boys came up short in the district semi-finals and lost 2-1 to LHP.
“We had pretty high hopes about playing Bishop Moore again (lost 1-0 in the regular season) for the district championship so it was [a] pretty rough [loss],” senior captain Gordon Ahl said. “Nobody likes to end their season like that but overall I thought it was a great year.”
Remy Butler, the team’s only other senior, missed the first half of the season while he was away playing club soccer in Germany. Butler came back after Christmas break and scored 3 goals in his first game back.
“It was fun coming back to help finish off the season,” Butler said. “The team brought me right back in like I had never left.”
Butler has not officially made his decision on where he will playing college soccer next year, but said he will either be playing at the University of Florida, Southern Methodist University or Elon University. All three schools are Division I soccer programs.
Because the team will only be losing Ahl and Butler (who only played in 6 games), they should be poised to bounce back next year to take down LHP and Bishop Moore.