NFL bold predictions

“There are two seasons, football season and waiting for football season.”- Darius Rucker

Since the end of Super Bowl 50, millions of fans across the globe have been counting down the days until the start of the NFL season. Finally after seven months and four days of waiting, we made it. The NFL is finally here. Thousands of analysts and football gurus have been predicting the results of this year. So, I decided to give my own predictions. However, I am predicting things that most analysts have not but could also easily happen. That’s what makes them bold. Let’s get into it:

Lamar Miller will lead all running backs in all-purpose yards

Lamar Miller’s move to the Texans is the best thing that could possibly happen to him. He was a borderline top 5 running back in Miami, where he barely got any carries. Now in Houston, Miller is expected to get a workload that rivals Arian Foster of 2010, when he was the leading rusher in the NFL. Add in the inexperience of Brock Osweiler, and you get a running back that could exceed 60 receptions in addition to his rushing workload.

Robert Griffin III returns to rookie glory, reaches pro bowl

I said they were bold predictions. RGIII is wearing a Cleveland Browns uniform this year and is looking for a fresh start. He has shown his immense potential in the past. Griffin has the dual-threat ability, is accurate enough with the ball and is surrounded by a surprisingly strong lineup, especially when he gets 2013 NFL receiving leader Josh Gordon back. This is the year of the resurrection of Griffin’s career.

Jaguars win division for first time since 2007

The Jags have been the laughing stock of the league for a good seven years now. However, Duval county might finally have something to be excited about for the first time since Obama took office. The offense is one of the youngest and strongest in the NFL, led by Pro Bowl receiver Allen Robinson. What is exciting many people in Jacksonville is the defense. They acquired many assets during the offseason, including the fifth overall pick in the 2016 draft Jalen Ramsey from FSU and their second round pick Myles Jack from UCLA. The Jaguars also get the 2015 first round pick Dante Fowler back from injury. If this young core can put in together, the Jags can take the NFL by storm.

Patriots go 0-4 without Tom Brady, lose their division, but still win the Super Bowl

The Tom Brady revenge tour is postponed for the first four weeks of the season, and the Pats will miss their Hall of Fame QB dearly. Jimmy Garoppolo is not ready to take on the NFL stage and will struggle during the first month of the year. The Patriots will have a lot of ground to make up when Brady returns week 5, but if anyone can lead a comeback, Tom Brady is the guy you want. Brady will lead the Pats to win 10 out of 12 games, but it won’t be enough to win their division and New England will enter the playoffs as a wild card. That’s no problem for Brady and company, as they will cruise to the Super Bowl, where they will meet the Arizona Cardinals and win.