Why the Patriots Will Win the Super Bowl

The NFL playoffs have arrived and everyone seems to be giving their pick to go the distance and winning it all. Many sports writers predict that either the Cowboys or the Patriots will win the Super Bowl, but I say for a FACT the New England Patriots will take home the Lombardi Trophy. Here is why that will happen…

Offense

The Patriots have one of the most, if not the most, potent offense in the NFL. What is special about this team that gives them an advantage over opponents is their ability to play any type of football game. Teams such as the Packers have a one-dimensional passing offense, but the Patriots can throw the ball 50 times in a shootout and win (utilizing scat backs Dion Lewis and James White), or run old-school power football with Legarrette Blount. The Patriots are able to play and take advantage of the opposing team’s defensive weaknesses, often featuring different players every week in their game plan. The Patriots are a lock to win yet another title with the playoff experienced and future hall of fame quarterback Tom Brady, three talented running backs, and a receiving corps featuring the sure-handed Julian Edelman and the emerging pass catcher Malcolm Mitchell the Patriots.

Defense

Over the past few years, the general narrative of the Patriots was that the defensive unit was the weakness and brought down the elite offense; however this year that narrative is untrue. While the offense has been admittedly great, the defense has silently been keeping pace with the high-powered offense. The defense this year has been top ten in most major defensive categories and should continue its dominance under the tutelage of defense guru Matt Patricia.

Belichick

Bill Belichick is the best coach to ever live… no need to say anything else.

View Comments (3)
DREW MILLER, Opinions Editor
Standing at 6'4", Drew Miller is a senior entering his third year on the staff. Miller is the Opinions Editor this year but still has a love for sports and the sports department. In his spare time, Miller is a dedicated athlete, competing in chess tournaments, bowling matches, and on a more real level, basketball games and weightlifting meets. Contact Miller at [email protected].

• L

Lebron JamesMay 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm

I love your writing!!! Love you, Lebron

Reply
  • A

Andrew MillerJan 23, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Great writing and great article.

Reply
  • J

Johnny ManzielJan 23, 2017 at 2:38 pm

My god you are a creative genius and a brilliant sports writer.

Reply