The jury is in on jerseys

Ranking the best and worst Trinity sports uniforms

BEST:

JM Strong Baseball

Last school year tragedy struck the Trinity family. Beloved senior John Michael Night suffered a devastating brainstem stroke that left our whole community reeling. In the past year, there have been many efforts to honor John Michael, including one made by Trinity’s varsity baseball team. Last year, the team wore the brilliantly designed jerseys, which showed support of John Michael and to honor his courage in his long battle to rehabilitate from this stroke. Sophomore Zach Holcomb, a player for the baseball team agrees.

“These uniforms are my favorite I have ever played in, and I am honored to have the chance to wear them and support John Michael,” Holcomb said.

Bowling

The bowling team has improved mightily, and so have their jerseys, which received a much needed facelift and therefore are now in the top tier at Trinity. These brand new jerseys are the talk of the town on the bowling team.

“The old jerseys don’t hold a candle to the new and improved bowling shirts,” sophomore bowler Jake Brodsky said. “The new shirts fit perfectly, have a great combination of colors, are breathable, and most importantly are non-constrictive when we bowl.”

All of these great qualities push these jerseys over the top of mediocrity and into the elite section at Trinity.

Varsity Basketball

Our whole varsity basketball program has always had above average jerseys; however, this year they switched athletic providers and now buy products through Under Armour. Because of this, the jerseys for both teams are now brand new and top of the line.

“Our new Under Armor jerseys are truly spectacular,” junior Teagan Sullivan said. “The sweat-wicking, breathable fabric really enhances my basketball performance and ability to fly down the court.”

WORST:

Track

I personally think on many levels the track team has great uniforms that any runner would be ecstatic to wear; however I would be amiss to not mention the color of the jerseys.

“While the jerseys are top of the line, they are a little too yellow for my liking,” said Robert Watts, a member of the track and field team.

While some say the color sours the high quality jerseys, the choice of the yellow is actually a smart tactical move by the track coaches.

“The yellow jerseys were picked so that the team could be more easily spotted on the track,” coach Amanda Dean said. “There are so many teams that are navy blue, wearing the yellow jersey makes it easier for our team members to be spotted, especially in the distance events where there is often a large pack of runners.”

JV Baseball

JV baseball games have a weird effect on the parents in attendance. The game teleports those in attendance back to the 1990s and no, not because of booming homers and a steroid problem but because of the ancient jerseys, which were actually made in the 90s. Many players think the jerseys fit awkwardly as well.

“I like the look of the jerseys, but they are too baggy and uncomfortable,” second baseman Zev Karve said.

The jerseys are older, and while this is not necessarily bad, the awkward fit pushes these jerseys over the edge.