“Hey Everybody!” check out 5SOS’s new album

Courtesy of 5SOS’s official website.
5 Seconds of Summer’s New Album Cover

What would be better than a cute boy band? A boy band with cute Australian accents that can sing and play instruments! Representing Fall Out Boy’s punk music and One Direction’s cute accents and members, 5 Seconds of Summer is the perfect boy band. Making its first appearance on Youtube in 2011, 5SOS has propelled its way to the top of the charts all over the world. Opening for One Direction on its worldwide tour and releasing its first album in 2013, 5SOS has been a smashing success. The band released its second album, Sounds Good Feels Good, on Oct. 23. The first single released from this album was “She’s Kinda Hot,” which proved to fans that Sounds Good Feels Good was going to be a success. Now that the album’s been released, we’re wondering if this album will actually sound good and feel good?

“She’s Kinda Hot”

Even if you’re not into punk music, this song will surely make your favorite playlist. The first time I heard this song, I absolutely hated it. I thought the lyrics were dull and the song had no backbone. But after hearing it for a second time, it really started to grow on me. I realized that the song wasn’t suppose to be complicated. It was meant to be thoughtless and amusing.

“Hey Everybody!”

“Hey Everybody!” definitely sounds and feels good.  This song recalls every punk teenage anthem because of the loud and explosive chorus. Somehow, this song is catchier than “She’s Kinda Hot” and “Looks So Perfect.” Let’s just say you’ll be tapping your foot to the beat of the  song all day.

“Catch Fire”

Beginning with a piano intro, this song leads into on-point vocal melodies. The song also includes catchy drum breaks from drummer Ashton Irwin. Ironically, guitarist Michael Clifford was actually able to “Catch Fire” when his hair got in the way of fireworks at a concert in London. I guess the band knows how to spit and “Catch Fire.”

“The Girl Who Cried Wolf”

The most emotional piece on the album, “The Girl Who Cried Wolf” reminds me of the band’s other popular song, “Amnesia.” With a guitar appearance from Luke Hemmings, this song gives you all the feels. If you think it gets too slow, just wait a minute. Ashton Irwin speeds up the pace with his drumming skills. Although it’s on the slow side, this song sounds good and feels good.