Coldplay’s new album will give you “A Head Full of Dreams”

Coldplays latest album, A Head Full of Dreams.
Courtesy of Coldplay’s official website
Coldplay’s latest album, “A Head Full of Dreams.”

What began as two friends making music for fun in college has emerged into one of the most famous bands in today’s history. Coldplay’s success began when lead singer, Chris Martin, and guitarist, Jonny Buckland, met at college in London in 1996. Since then, they have added two members to their band, released seven albums and have even won seven Grammy awards. In addition to just releasing their latest album, A Head Full of Dreams, they have also been named to perform at the 50th Super Bowl halftime show in February of 2016. A Head Full of Dreams has a very different approach than the band’s last album, Ghost Stories, which was about Martin’s split with Gwyneth Paltrow and, as a result, had a very somber tone. The album featured plenty of new songs that will have you singing along the whole time.

“Adventure of a Lifetime”

“Adventure of a Lifetime” has a really fun retro-pop vibe that will definitely keep you singing along. This is certainly one of the catchier tracks on the album, and there is no doubt it will constantly be played on the radio. Martin wrote this song for his ex-wife Paltrow and it is about feeling alive again after a long heartbreak. Coldplay performed this song on The Ellen Degeneres Show earlier this month with an amazing performance by the band and even better dance moves by Martin.

“A Head Full of Dreams”

This hit begins with an open-outlook on the world and all possibilities in life. “A Head Full of Dreams” has a very different take on Paltrow and Martin’s relationship than the band’s last album did. Martin is now focusing on the positives of the divorce and his new life to come. Martin is ready to be in a happier place in his life and sings about how anything is possible with a good perspective on life while managing to hit some amazing high notes with a great background of tropical instruments that reminded me of the beach.

“Fun”

This song features famous singer, Tove Lo. “Fun” starts off with a really mellow vibe, but picks up quickly. Tove Lo did an amazing job on this track, and it was nice to hear her sing to a slower beat instead of those in her normal electronic hits. “Fun” is about enjoying memories with good friends and making your time last while you can. This was my favorite song on the album because of the great lyrics and amazing collaboration.                                                                                                                                                                       “Birds”

“Birds” has a slow, but still fun beat for the entire song. Martin was able to hit some exceptionally long notes during the chorus, and that was by far the best vocals I’ve heard from him on the whole entire album. The song is about running away with someone you love and just enjoying the world, while being free.