1D: What Direction Are They Going In Now?

Courtesy of One Direction official website

The past year has been a rollercoaster for boyband, 1 Direction. Much to the dismay of their 3.5 million person fan base, Zayn Malik announced his departure last March. This bombshell lead to another when the other four boys announced that the band would be taking a hiatus after the current tour ended. With no end in sight, many are wondering if the band will ever get back together again. All five boys seem to be moving in very different directions.

Harry Styles:
Styles has always been the most popular of the 1D boys. His current man-bun and skinny jeans are a far cry from the “Up All Night” days when he rocked dimples and a button down. Styles has recently graced the cover of tabloids everywhere because of his alleged relationship with Kendall Jenner; fans are dying to know whether this relationship is real or rumour.

Zayn Malik:
Malik broke the hearts of teenage girls everywhere when he announced last March that he would be leaving the boy band.
“I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight,” Malik said. Apparently he’s had enough private time since his new single, “Pillow Talk” is set to drop this Friday, January 29th.

Louis Tomlinson:
It’s a boy! Tomlinson has probably gone through the largest life change of all of the boys… He’s a dad! On January 22nd, it became official. Tomlinson and the mother, Briana Jungwirth, are no longer together and are currently trying to work out custody arrangements. It hasn’t even been a month since his child was born and rumours are already swirling that Tomlinson is trying to get back with long-term girlfriend Eleanor Calder.

Liam Payne:
Payne has managed to stay mostly out of the spotlight during the hiatus, only giving fans brief glances of his life (and new ink) through Instagram. He arrived in LA on January 24th and is rumoured to be writing for J-Lo’s comeback album.

Niall Horan:
Horan has flown under the radar since the beginning. He seems to be having a more relaxing break from the band than the other boys are. While Horan has gone relatively untalked about, he is believed to be seeing ‘Neighbors’ star Olivia Vance.