Hot hits for the summer

This summer, whether you’re traveling halfway around the world, taking trips to the beach, or doing something as simple as driving to your friend’s house, listening to the same four songs will definitely get boring really fast.  Here are some of my favorite songs, both new and old, that I’ve added to my playlist. While some of these may already pop into your mind when you hear the word “summer,” others may be brand new to you, but I’m positive you’ll like them and want to add them to your own playlist in no time.

“Summer of ‘69”- Bryan Adams

This was one of the most iconic songs of the 80s and is the perfect song for summer.  It has a really catchy chorus that’s easy to remember and fun to sing along to.  This track is all about reminiscing on your best high school summer memories and making the most of your summer.

“Can’t Stop the Feeling”- Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake’s hit new track starts off with a really fun beat that reminds me of the beach.  With a mellow vibe and catchy lyrics, along with Timberlake’s unbelievable vocals, this is an awesome song for your new playlist. Lyrics like “I got that sunshine in my pocket, Got that good soul in my feet” will keep you singing along throughout the whole summer.

“I Like the Sound of That”- Rascal Flatts

This is the perfect country ballad for summer because of its lively vibe.  Although the beat of this song starts off really slow, it quickly picks up creating a really fun and easy-to-remember chorus.  I especially love all of the unforgettable lyrics in this track and the highly distinguished country voices from the different members of the band.

“California Gurls”- Katy Perry

What would a summertime playlist be without Katy Perry’s 2010 hit, “California Gurls?” People have been listening to this as their summer anthem for over five years, and there is no question why.  Perry’s super cheery voice is the perfect tone for this hit as she sings about having fun in California over the summer.  An added bonus for this song is the cool and recognizable rap featuring Snoop Dogg.

“Raging”- Kygo

Although this song is a bit on the slower side, it still has the perfect elements for a good summer song.  I really like the entire beat of this song, and I especially like the meaning of it.  This song is about a relationship, but with a title like “raging,” most people would think that it’s either about anger or partying.  “Raging” is one of Kygo’s slowest songs, but I personally think it is a good change for him.