Bon Jovi’s new album is a “Knockout”

Bon Jovis latest album.
Courtesy of the official Bon Jovi website.
Bon Jovi’s latest album.

Bon Jovi is one of the most legendary rock bands in today’s culture with hit songs including, “Wanted Dead or Alive,” “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “You Give Love a Bad Name.” In fact, having earned over 20 awards, including one Grammy and two Billboard Music Awards, Bon Jovi could easily be one of the best rock bands of all time. Since its formation in 1983, the band has released 13 studio albums, two live recordings and two compilations. “This House Is Not for Sale” is Bon Jovi’s most recent recorded studio album.

“This House Is Not for Sale”

This song is by far my favorite track on the album. It has a very catchy tune and and an even catchier chorus with lyrics like, “This house is not for sale/ Where memories live and the dream don’t fail/ This house is not for sale/ Coming home/ I’m coming home.” Bon Jovi sings about all the memories he’s created and why he doesn’t want to stop singing.

“Knockout”

This track has more of a rock mixed with pop vibe. It is all about overcoming one’s problems and never getting knocked down by your enemies. Bon Jovi sings about not letting someone ruin your life and to really show them who you are by not backing down and always giving the world your best.

“Labor of Love”

This is one of the slower songs on this album, and it gives off a very mellow vibe. The underlying message is about how loving someone can be a full time job. Although he sings about love being a full time job, he doesn’t treat it as a job because he enjoys it so much. Bon Jovi also sings about how he wants to be with his love for the rest of his life.

These were some of my favorite Bon Jovi songs that I’ve heard in awhile. Although they may never be as good as some of the band’s legendary classics, this was still a great album, and I would definitely recommend listening to it.