Chance The Rapper, Migos and Ludacris take on Tampa

This past Friday at Amalie Arena in Tampa the Bite had the honor to see Ludacris, Migos and Chance the Rapper. This rare event featuring all three of these artists was put on by Tampa’s local hip-hop station WiLD 94.1.

The night started off with Ludacris opening the concert with his hit, “All I Do is Win.” Starting off the concert with this song brought the crowd’s energy up right away after waiting twenty minutes. Soon after he performed Fergie’s “Glamorous,” dedicating this song to all of the girls in the crowd.  He didn’t just play his hit songs, but also sang his early songs that were nostalgic to him. Ludacris was the perfect way to start off the night because of his enthusiastic energy and his history of great performances.

After a great performance by Ludacris, the audience waited a long hour for the rap group Migos to show up. Finally Migos walked on stage and started off their set with“Slippery.” Unfortunately, Migos did not live up to the standard set by Ludacris. Their first fault of the night was showing up late, but also rapping to a recordings of their songs instead of rapping live. Though the night got better as they did more hits like “Bad and Boujee” and “T-Shirt,” Migos let most of the crowd down with their tardiness and lack of enthusiasm.

The final performance of the night was Chance The Rapper. Chance had recently been in Tampa on his tour for his album Coloring Book, where he performed an incredible concert and set a high precedent for all of his following events. Chance surely lived up to his standard. His night started out with “Mixtape,” one of his biggest hits that usually features Future. He quickly transitioned into “Blessings” and “Angels.” As on ode to his mentor and good friend Kanye West, Chance mixed  “Father Stretch My Hands,” “Waves” and “Ultralight Beam” while showing pictures of him and West on a big screen.

Chance took a break from singing to introduce his band, Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment. The Social Experiment is a band from Chicago who is best known for their collaboration with Chance on “Sunday Candy.”  The whole audience sang in excitement as Chance performed “Sunday Candy.” He then went on to perform more hits like “All We Got,” “No Problem” and “Angels.” He ended the night with a reprise of “Blessings,” which is also the same song he ended with at his first concert in Tampa. To top off the night, confetti fell from the ceiling making the night feel even more special.