“Rebel Heart” breaks charts

Madonna, one of the most popular singers of all time, began her career in 1982 with her debut single, “Everybody.”  Since then, Madonna’s fame has only grown.  She is most well-known for her hit songs—“Like a Prayer,” “Vogue” and “Like a Virgin”—as well as her insane outfits and crazy but unbelievable performances.  To this day, Madonna is still on top of the musical world as she continues to release new albums and attract more fans.

Her most recent album, “Rebel Heart”, has been considered her most consistent album yet and has received many positive reviews from pleased fans.  Other big name musicians like Kanye West and Avicii helped the Queen of Pop co-write and co-produce her 13th album.

Not many artists are able to say that they have released more than a dozen albums, but according to Billboard, Madonna is the fourth best-selling artist of all time following The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.  With the help of her hit albums, “Like a Prayer” and “Ray of Light” Madonna has also been able to be the best selling female artist of all time.

The songs on “Rebel Heart” are all different genres; they range from singalong pop songs to slow ballads to electronic dance. Released early on Snapchat, “Living for Love” is one of the best songs on the album and has even been named Madonna’s comeback song, according to fans. The new song has an upbeat electronic tune that makes it a fun song to dance to.  Inspired by Madonna’s relationships with her two ex-husbands, Guy Ritchie and Sean Penn, “Living for Love” is about forgetting heartache and moving on with life happily.

Also on the album, “Ghosttown” is a pop ballad song about survivors in the world who try to carry on their lives, but love is the only thing they can grasp.  “Ghosttown” is another fan favorite on the album and has been considered one of Madonna’s best love songs.

On the album, Madonna also had Mike Tyson and Chance the Rapper as featured singers for her song “Iconic.”  With a fun electronic vibe, “Iconic” is about taking control of your life and letting your true self show.

At the iHeartRadio Music Awards on March 29, Madonna was joined by pop sensation, Taylor Swift, who played the guitar while Madonna sang “Ghosttown” from the new album.   Many fans of both Madonna and Taylor Swift thought this was the best performance of the night because it featured one of Madonna’s new hit songs with two of the most talked about artists of today’s musical world.

Fans have continued to praise Madonna as a musical icon for the last 30 years and there is no doubt that Madonna will release even more impressive albums in the future for her fans to enjoy.