Some sweet summer festivals

Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival

When: April 14 –23

Where: Empire Polo Club, Indio, CA

Fashion, celebrities, music and flower crowns are some of the things many people associate with Coachella. Stars such as Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Bella Thorne, Kaia Gerber, Emily Ratajkowski and Brooklyn Beckham all appear in the latest styles for the festival. This year Coachellians will be listening to musicians such as Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, BANKS, Bastille, Lorde, Galantis, Tove Lo and Kiiara. Sadly, Beyonce will not be able to perform at the festival anymore since she is pregnant with twins.

Hangout Fest

When: May 19 – 21

Where: Gulf Shores, AL

You can enjoy both music and the beach if you go to Hangout Fest in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Gulf Shores began in 2010 when A.J. Niland and Shaul Zislin wanted to create a unique festival experience on the beach. Notable acts like Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Fetty Wap, The Weeknd, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kings of Leon, Stevie Wonder, The Killers and The Black Keys have performed at Hangout Fest. This year’s lineup includes Mumford & Sons, Frank Ocean, Chance The Rapper, Major Lazer, Twenty One Pilots and Lil Yachty.

The Governors Ball

When: June 2-4

Where: Randall’s Island Park, New York City, NY

Chance The Rapper, Lorde, Flume, Wiz Khalifa, Cage The Elephant, Rae Sremmurd and Tove Lo are headlining at this year’s Governors Ball. Chance The Rapper is not only doing this festival and other festivals, he is also on tour for his album, Coloring Book. Previously, artists such as Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, The Lumineers, Of Monsters of Men, The Vaccines, Lana Del Rey and the Killers have performed at The Governors Ball. The Governor’s Ball was created when Jordan Wolowitz and Alex Young were growing up and always saw festivals come and go. They finally decided that they wanted to create a music festival in the city so it would be a convenience to everyone.

Bonnaroo

When: June 8 – 11

Where: Great Stage Park in Manchester, TN

For more than a decade, Bonnaroo has captured the excitement of young festival goers. For four days, there will be more than 100 artists. This year, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Weekend, Chance the Rapper, Lorde, Cage The Elephant, Flume, Major Lazer and many other artists are performing at Bonnaroo. This year, U2 is among the headliners and it will be the first time the Irish musicians will perform at a U.S. festival.

Lollapalooza

When: August 3 – 6

Where: Grant Park, Chicago, IL

Lollapalooza is one of the top music festivals along with Coachella and Bonnaroo. Some rumored performers are Chance the Rapper, Daft Punk, Foo Fighters, Galantis, Guns N’ Roses, Lorde, Tove Lo and Vampire Weekend. The lineup is expected to be released over the summer. It was created in 1991 when singer Perry Farrell created the festival as a farewell tour for his band. Lollapalooza ran annually until 1997 and was eventually revived in 2003.