What to do in Orlando this summer

Amy Sukserm

The hottest months of the year are right around the corner and you don’t want to spend your days stuck inside, but you’re sick and tired of going to the same tourist-filled theme parks in Orlando. Well, we are here for you. We have the list of the hottest things to do in Orlando—all the way from beautiful gardens to swimming with dolphins.

Orlando Eye – Sit back and relax as you are lifted up in a capsule to see Orlando 400 feet above the ground. You can see breathtaking views like the Orlando skyline, theme parks and all the way to Cape Canaveral’s coast.

Discovery Cove –Do you want to swim with dolphins without having to go all the way to beach? Discovery Cove has all of that and more, including an underwater walking tour where you wear a dive helmet and literally walk with fish and other aquatic creatures.

Leu P. Gardens – Walk through the gorgeous 50-acre garden that includes butterfly gardens, 200-year-old oak trees and beautiful camellias.

Orlando Science Center – Cool off inside while you visit four floors of exciting exhibits like dinosaurs and planets, giant screen movies and hands-on experiments.

Forever Florida – Only about 30 minutes outside Orlando,  Forever Florida is a eco-tourism attraction that has horseback rides, ziplines and even the first roller coaster zipline.

Black Hammock Adventures – Go on a fun airboat ride on Lake Jesup; one of the largest lakes in Central Florida that’s crawling with alligators.

Water Parks Cool down at one of Orlando’s many themed water parks including Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon or Aquatica. Out of all the water parks, I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon because it has a 2,100 feet long lazy river and you can snorkel alongside tropical fish and sharks. Aquatica is the best for family because it has awesome slides for the kids and beach area for the parents to chill out.