Moretz Brings his Passion for Nature to Trinity

Image Courtesy of Brian Moretz
Moretz holds the baby gators at Gatorland.

When new Science Teacher Bryan Moretz was growing up, he spent a lot of time on his grandparents farm. While exploring the unique ecosystems surrounding him, he was inspired to teach others about the science in the world around us. 

Moretz lived in Giles County, Virginia for 26 years before moving to Florida. While in Virginia, he received his Bachelor of Science at Virginia Tech and his Master’s in Secondary Education and Teaching at Liberty University. 

Moretz started his career as a substitute teacher, while he was unsure of what he wanted to do. He eventually came to love teaching, and 11 years later, he finds himself at Trinity Prep.

When he’s not teaching, you can find him baking desserts like cakes, cupcakes, cookies or anything that isn’t bread, because he said bread is too difficult. He also enjoys watching and supporting a wide variety of sports teams. From his alma mater’s Virginia Tech Hokies, to the Atlanta Braves and Denver Broncos, he’s always busy cheering on his favorite sports teams. 

While Moretz loves all aspects of science, his favorite type of science is biology. 

“I love learning about living things,” Moretz said. “Animals are always really interesting, [and] I love learning about genetics and how traits are passed down.” 

He also is passionate about the notoriously difficult subjects of chemistry and physics because of how they explain the events that happen around the environment.

“My favorite aspect about being a teacher is being able to tell other people about the really cool things that happen around us,” Moretz said. “As a science teacher, I get to tell you some really cool, interesting facts about things that other people might not get to.”