Incinelli Steps Up to the Plate

Former assistant Jared Incinelli becomes new head coach of varsity baseball team

Back to Article
Back to Article

Incinelli Steps Up to the Plate

Coach Incinelli takes the mound before varsity team practice.

Bella Lundy

Bella Lundy

Bella Lundy

Matthew Halpin, Sports Editor

The Trinity Athletic Department has named Jared Incinelli as the next varsity baseball head coach.  

When former Trinity varsity baseball head coach, Trevor Berryhill, left after the first semester to take the Athletic Director job at The Masters Academy, the Trinity Athletic Department was left with very little time to name a new varsity baseball head coach. Fortunately, the next in line was already close to home.

Incinelli, who spent the past three years as an assistant varsity baseball coach at Trinity, has been named as the new head coach. He has years of experience with both coaching and playing baseball.

After graduating from Winter Park High School, Incinelli was a pitcher and first baseman at the University of North Florida. He then pursued his baseball career at a professional level as a pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

As a coach, Incinelli said he is committed to the development of his players both as athletes and as individuals.  

“As a baseball coach, I am tough but fair,” Incinelli said. “I expect my players to work hard and respect the game. I like to use baseball as a way to teach character and instill valuable life lessons in my players.”

Incinelli hopes to establish a winning tradition for his team by focusing on players’ attitude and work ethic on and off the field.

“I believe when you work hard and prepare yourself, the winning will come, and more importantly, many life lessons will be learned,” Incinelli said. “Second, a district title and advancing to regionals are goals for our program.”

In order to accomplish these goals, Incinelli said he plans to pick up right where Berryhill left off.

“Coach Berryhill has done a great job of getting the program heading in the right direction,” Incinelli said. “I plan on continuing down that path of success for our program.”

Many of the current varsity baseball players, such as senior Zev Karve, said they believe that Incinelli will continue to move the baseball program in the right direction.  

“As a head coach, I expect coach Incinelli to run a tight ship,” Karve said. “He definitely has a strict side, and that’ll be big for us. He’ll hold us accountable and make sure that we do the little things right. Ultimately, with the help of Coach Shane Letterio and Coach Randy Snodgrass, we’ll have a good, well-rounded team.”

Matthew Halpin, Sports Editor

Matthew Halpin is a sophomore entering his second year as a member of The Trinity Voice. He is now the king of the sports department as its editor. Outside...

Bella Lundy, Photographer

Bella is a senior and returning photographer to The Trinity Voice. When she’s not running (dying) in the lovely Florida heat you can see her wandering...