Restaurants to make you ravenous

Periodic Table of Cheese
LILY BOUNDS
Periodic Table of Cheese

Being able to go off campus for lunch as a senior is one of the most coveted senior privileges.  I know that it is the one that I am most looking forward too, but no one wants to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch every single day.  To mix things up, try a few other local spots, whether it’s for lunch on a school day or a Saturday for underclassmen.  Seniors might have to get takeout instead of being able to sit down and eat, but it’s worth it.  So, wanna switch it up?  Here are some great

Yuki Hana Japanese Fusion

Yuki Hana has a great atmosphere and a cool sushi bar.  There is fast service with sushi coming straight to your table from the bar.  There’s a fair amount of seating and plenty of parking outside.

How Much? $

Lily’s Pick: AAC roll.  This all-veggie roll includes avocado, asparagus and cucumber.  For the seafood lovers out there, I’ve heard that they make a mean California Roll as well.

Healthy Choice: Let’s be real, all sushi is pretty healthy, but they do have a delicious ginger salad as well.

How Far? 8 minutes away (3635 Aloma Ave, Oviedo, FL 32765)

Toasted

With a fun atmosphere and a Periodic Table of Cheeses on the wall. Toasted is a pretty laid back place.  It’s relatively small so there is not a ton of seating for groups of more than 5 but the service is quick.  Plus, if you are craving something sweet after, it is conveniently located next to a frozen yogurt shop!

How Much? $

Lily’s Pick: The Vegan Bella, a veggie burger with vegan cheese, portobellos, caramelized onions served on an artisan bun.

Healthy Choice: Tuscan salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries, roasted pistachios, balsamic vinaigrette on the side.

How Far? 10 minutes away (1945 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792)

Keke’s Breakfast Cafe

Breakfast-y smells fill the air and make your mouth water, and there really isn’t a wrong choice when it comes to which type of pancake you should order.  The employees are friendly, and there are plenty of booths for large groups to squeeze into.

How Much? $$

Lily’s Pick: Florida waffle.  This fluffy waffle comes topped off with bananas, strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.  Think the breakfast version of strawberry shortcake. Besides, who doesn’t love breakfast for lunch?

Healthy Choice: Breakfast Salad, A yogurt parfait with granola, honey, and fruit.

How Far? 16 minutes away (1005 Spring Villas Point, Winter Springs, FL)

Mellow Mushroom

With a mellow atmosphere to match the name, this place is calming and the people are chill.  The inside is themed with mushrooms everywhere, and the staff is friendly.  Service isn’t super fast so if you’re planning on getting pizza during our 48 minute lunch break, I would call ahead and order it to-go.

How Much? $$

Lily’s Pick: Gourmet White Pizza.  I like to keep my pizza simple.  This one includes an olive oil and garlic base with sun-dried tomatoes, Provolone, feta and mozzarella cheeses, Roma tomatoes and onions.

Healthy Choice: Mellow Mushroom offers a delicious Greek Salad with Romaine and iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, onions, cucumbers, green peppers, mushrooms, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, Roma tomatoes, pepperoncini and banana peppers.

How Far? 8 minutes away (2015 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792)