Forensic Files II: New Narrators and Controversy

Courtesy of CNN

If you have been eagerly waiting for new episodes and you are a fan of Forensic Files, then you’ll love Forensic Files II. Forensic Files has always been a staple in crime shows, dating back to the 1990s when it was originally made, but now there are new episodes with all-new stories and more nail-biting cases. But there are some new changes to the show that have caused some controversy among fans. 

The first episode of Forensic Files II aired on February 23 on HLN. One noticeable change is that Forensic Files’ beloved narrator Peter Thomas passed away in 2016 and was replaced by Bill Camp. I personally think Thomas was a much better narrator. While Camp is definitely a great narrator, there was something about Thomas’ voice that was perfect for the show.

The new episodes are that there are brand new cases that are as nailbiting as usual. The show is also in a lot better quality and the picture is a lot more clear than the original, which was filmed from 1996-2011. While the picture is better now, I feel like sometimes it’s almost easier to solve the cases due to all the new technology, when back then they had less technology. I liked it better to see them basically struggle at times to solve cases because they didn’t have as much forensic technology as they do today. 

Despite dated technology, the original is still better. Without the recent advancements in technology, the detectives needed much more creative roles and it was very interesting to see the process they went through to solve the case. 

“Exceptional results arrive only when exceptional people put in exceptional effort. It never arises by accident or good fortune,” said former narrator Peter Thomas. It’s not accident, good fortune, or advancements in technology, but exceptional detectives, amazing forensic scientists, and helpful evidence to get the job done.

View Comments (2)
JULIAN SEALY
JULIAN SEALY, Fact Checking Editor
Julian Sealy is a senior entering his fourth year on staff as the fact checker and staff member with the social media department. He is a tennis player who is vying to play in college and possibly professionally afterward. He also enjoys working out and traveling. Contact at [email protected].

• D

Deborah HoltSep 11, 2023 at 2:37 am

I’ve been a FF’s fan since 1999 or even earlier, I do not recall exactly when I first started watching this “detecting murders through careful forensic observations. Its really a great detective series. But I mostly miss the voice over narrator, Peter Thomas. I’m a big fan of murder mysteries and I enjoy trying to put the pieces together before the ending of each episode. Just a great detecting show of True Crime.

Reply
    • D

Dana DeauDec 15, 2023 at 6:15 am

Agreed! Peter Thomas cannot be replaced. His Voice is what made Forensic Files. I cannot sleep without listening to a specific FF episode (se1 ep1 Hella Crafts )and it’s the need for Peters soothing voice. Come to find 9ut I am not alone! Alot of people need/use the “white noise” of Forensic Files to sleep it’s like a phenomenon!! Peter could have talked about anything and it would transfix you .

Reply