Something not worth saving for

Courtesy of Gavin DeGraw’s website
Gavin DeGraw’s new album, “Something Worth Saving”

Many know Gavin DeGraw for his hit song “I Don’t Want to Be” because it was the theme song of early 2000’s TV show, “One Tree Hill.” This particular song skyrocketed his career to where he is now. Since then, he’s released more hit songs like “Chariot,” “Not Over You” and “Best I Ever Had.” On Sept. 9, DeGraw released his new album, Something Worth Saving. Following the album, DeGraw will kick off his North American tour with Andy Grammer.

“She Sets The City On Fire”

All you Maroon 5 fans will absolutely love this song because it sounds very familiar to the unique style and taste of Maroon 5. It was released on July 25 as the album’s lead single. “She Sets The City On Fire” is not my favorite because it has a more pop feel than the rest of his work.

“You Make My Heart Sing Louder”

“You Make My Heart Sing Louder” may become the biggest hit from the album because it sounds similar to his other works. The tone of the song sounds very similar to “I Don’t Want to Be,” but it will never be as good as because it doesn’t have that catchy chorus. Overall, it’s a really good track because it has the perfect mixture of pop and rock, which is DeGraw’s classic style.

“Annalee”

When I first listened to this song, I instantly wanted to start snapping my fingers to the beat. “Annalee” is the perfect combination of pop, rock and a little country. This is amongst my favorite songs because you never want to stop listening to it.

Overall, the album was very good, but I would not consider it one of DeGraw’s best. It was a little too bubblegum pop compared to his earlier works, which are more soft rock. I wouldn’t recommend buying the album, but if you do love his old work, you can go to the concert on Nov. 6 in Orlando at Hard Rock Live.