“Ad Astra”: A Great Movie for Space and Future Enthusiasts

courtesy to foxmovies

Directed by James Gray and released on Sept. 20, sci-fi thriller “Ad Astra” takes you on an adventure into the future and into space. The main character, Roy McBride,  lost his father when he was on a mission and now Roy finds out his father is still alive. His next mission is to retrieve his father back to Earth from Neptune.

He starts his mission to the moon and finds trouble there. He goes undercover and tries to get on a rocket to Mars. The buggy Roy was in, however, is attacked by pirates on Mars, and Roy almost dies in the process. He then faces aliens on his way to Mars. Through many hardships, Roy finds his way into another rocket. He then flies to Neptune only to find that his father is alive in the spaceship. Roy tries to bribe his dad to come with him and his dad agrees. Later they go out of the spaceship together and are connected together with a rope. But then his father lets go of the rope to float eternally in space. Roy wants to find out what is happening with his father on Neptune and this shows how far Roy will go to see his father again. 

Roy wants to find his father so bad that he risks his life for one moment. He wants to deal with him like it’s his problem and he has to fix it.

“I will deal with him,” said Roy “I will deal with my father.”

“Ad Astra” is a terrific movie if you are interested in space, future and adventure. However, it is boring if you are seeking a movie with lots of action. The message of the movie is what can be achieved through further exploration of space. One of the good features of the movie is that the technology in the movie is not so far from where we are now. 

“Ad Astra” is a great movie for most audiences but might not fascinate people that enjoy lots of action.