Halsey’s “Graveyard” gives a thrilling new look at her fourth album

Courtesy+of+Halseys+Twitter+
    Courtesy of Halsey’s Twitter

On October 8, Halsey a pop singer who has been active since 2014 released a music video for her new song “Graveyard” that came out on September 13. This song is on her upcoming album “Manic” that will be released in January 2020. 

Halsey hasn’t revealed much on what other songs will sound like or what they will be about, but with her already released songs “Clementine,” “Without you” and “Graveyard” fans are expecting this album to be worth listening to.
    With her previous track, “Nightmare” many people were expecting this song to have a darker tone. But “Graveyard” had a completely different tone than “Nightmare.” This single definitely had a slower pace and was focused on her personal experience of being in a toxic relationship. 

It’s crazy when the thing you love the most is the detriment. Let that sink in,” Halsey sings.

As the song goes on, she explains how she falls deeper in love and that everyone is telling her to leave that person behind. 

They say I may be making a mistake. I would’ve followed all the way, no matter how far,” she later sings.

Although the lyrics were bittersweet, the music created a more upbeat mood that kept people listening. The acoustic guitar added a sweeter touch and made the lyrics seem less negative. The nice synth melodies turned this song into a proper pop song. Overall the song was enjoyable because of the powerful lyrics and the soothing guitar riffs. This song kept people wondering about what other great songs are going to be on her next album. This song is definitely one that you will hear on the radio and want to add to your pop playlist.