Bringing down the house: Chase Rice leaves fans feeling “like whoa”

The House of Blues boomed with an amazing turnout on Saturday, November 9, as country music fans flocked to Downtown Disney’s West Side to party up with fellow Floridian Chase Rice, his ragtag gang of incredibly talented misfits and their amazing “Ready Set Roll” tour.

As if the happiest place on earth wasn’t busy (or happy) enough, the concert proved to be a hugely successful event. Folks of all ages made their way to the House of Blues, cowboy hats coolly askew and iconic boots in tow, waiting in anticipation for Rice’s big performance.

Sending girls leaping over the barricades (literally), opening act Sam Hunt sparked the initial burst of energy that lasted throughout the entire night. Hunt’s rendition of “Come Over,” which the artist helped co-write for country superstar Kenny Chesney, left the crowd in a sea of swaying hips and waving hands. After the riveting hour-long opener, Hunt and his band promised the audience a great show—which Rice rightfully and swiftly delivered.

Despite Hunt’s outstanding performance, the audience was blown away by the riot that was Chase Rice. With a kick-butt set list that had the whole room screaming, and an awesome bass guitarist whose impressive beard (and intimidating musical capabilities) threatens the very existence of Duck Dynasty, Rice’s concert most definitely did not disappoint. Ultimately, the up-and-coming artist brought everything home—and then some.

Performing songs like “Party Up,” “Whoa” and Rice’s most recent single “Ready Set Roll,” the singer-songwriter proved that it is indeed possible to guzzle down a few (or four) cups of a little “somethin’, somethin’” while still managing to stay on perfect key.

The energy, sound and atmosphere of the House of Blues could not have been more captivating than it was when Rice started shaking things up. For the most part, Rice’s songs brought out the best of country music’s wild side. Through his own rough and tough exterior, Rice worked the stage non-stop—jumping up and down, pumping his fist into the air, messing with his band mates.

Like every good ol’ southern boy, however, Rice couldn’t help but show some of his soft side, too. From a marriage proposal to a spirit contest between Gators and Seminoles, Rice was just eager to invite fans onstage, pay homage to his band and even don an old (but special) Orlando Magic Penny Hardaway jersey, which the artist has had since he was ten years old.

Overall, the intensity of Rice’s performance was both never-ending and refreshing. The crowd was in a constant state of vivacity, and with every song came loads of jaw-dropping, head-banging, barefaced fun—with the underlying dash of serious passion typical of every great performer. In a nutshell, one could sum up Rice’s performance in a matter of two simple words: like whoa.