Luke Bryan proves “Rain is a Good Thing” in sold out Tampa show

Photo courtesy of Schmidt Relations

Soaking wet and covered with mud, country music fans flooded the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre to watch Luke Bryan’s never disappointing “That’s My Kinda Night Tour” in Tampa last Friday, September 26.
Up and coming country artist, Cole Swindell, started off with a high-energy performance that had the whole crowd on its feet.  Starting the night off an instant success, he opened the show with hit songs such as “Hey Ya’ll,” “Hope You Get Lonely Tonight” and “Chillin’ It.”  Swindell exceeded expectations and proved to be the talented rising star that country music lovers have been obsessing over.
For the following 30 minutes, Lee Brice took the stage and performed all of his hit songs while the crowd sang along.  Playing both slower and contemporary songs, Brice showed how to pull at the heartstrings of almost every girl in the audience.  Brice had every girl wanting a good guy like him by playing songs about love and treating your woman right.
The piercing screams from fans filled the amphitheater, as the lights dimmed for the main act when Luke Bryan appeared on the stage singing “That’s My Kinda Night.”  Bryan kept his audience engaged during the entire show with his quirky dance moves and playful sense of humor.  His energetic performance lasted through the entire concert, only slowing down for his more popular ballads “Do I,” “Drink a Beer” and “Shut It Down.”
Missing a lyric or two but never missing a note, his voice proved to be just as impressive as his good looks and charm.  His voice resonated throughout the entire amphitheatre with an overwhelming passion.  Bryan’s immense passion for his music, career and fans connected the audience on a deeper level than most other artists can do today.
Bryan continued to make the night interesting by bringing back both Lee Brice and Cole Swindell to sing two different duets.  The crowd was in for a treat with Bryan covering Dirt” by Florida Georgia Line with Swindell and “Crazy Girl” by Eli Young Band with Brice.
Luke Bryan’s “That’s My Kinda Night” tour was definitely not something to miss. Ending the night with “Country Girl (Shake It For Me),” Luke left the audience in awe with every fan “not wanting this night to end,” as he so often sings.