Meet the Vamps

The Vamps debut album peaked at #40 on the U.S. Billboard 200.
COURTESY OF MOXIE
The Vamps’ debut album peaked at #40 on the U.S. Billboard 200.

With the recent release of their new album Meet The Vamps, Brad Simpson, James McVey, Tristan Evans and Connor Ball (collectively The Vamps) are the next British pop sensation set to cross the Atlantic to achieve stateside chart domination. After the band posted covers to YouTube, it was signed with Virgin EMI in the UK and has been spreading like wildfire ever since.

The album’s first single “Somebody To You,” which features Demi Lovato, went Top 10 in the U.S., while the band has already had three Top 3 singles in the UK. The band’s sound, self-described as “acoustic-guitar driven pop,” offers a more indie take on classic pop sounds. Don’t be quick to assume that The Vamps are the next One Direction—the band’s alternative guitar sounds and Simpson’s unique voice dispel that thought on the first listen. The band doesn’t lack musical talent either, as all the members have written songs and played instruments for more than eight years.

The band is already establishing a presence in the U.S., selling out the February New York City show at Gramercy Theatre in 10 minutes. Previously, the band has been on tour with Taylor Swift, McFly, Selena Gomez and The Wanted. With numerous tour dates looming in the future, The Vamps are set to be one of the hottest acts of 2015, and here at The Bite we can’t wait to see what these boys have in store.

Top Tracks: “Hurricane,” “Can We Dance,” “Somebody To You,” “Last Night”