Least expected at the Emmy’s

Where can you see Amy Poehler, Amy Schumer and Lady Gaga all in one place?  Well, the Emmys of course!  The Emmy awards are some of the biggest honors to win today in television. On Sunday, September 20, some of television’s most famous stars walked the red carpet in hopes of winning one of the prestigious awards. Andy Samberg, star of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” began the night with a monologue. Samberg cracked many jokes, mocking everything from Donald Trump to “Game of Thrones.”

While there were some awards whose winners were easy to predict, there were many others who weren’t expected by anyone.  Many people believed “Mad Men” would win “Most Outstanding Drama Series” for the last season of the show; but to the shock of many, Jon Hamm, January Jones, Christina Hendricks and the rest of the cast did not come out with the win.

Speaking of shocks, Sunday night brought many surprise wins that even caught the winners off guard.  Amy Schumer, who won an emmy for “Outstanding Variety Sketch Series” for her comedy “Inside Amy Schumer,” was completely unprepared for her win and did not have a speech ready.  In spite of this, her speech stayed true to her character and was quite comedic.

There was also quite a surprise in the category of “Most Outstanding Comedy Series.”  For the last five years, “Modern Family” took this Emmy, but this year was the first time they didn’t get the outcome they wanted.  They were beaten by the cast of the political comedy, “Veep.” “Parks and Recreation” was also a contender in this category, but they too did not come out with the win.

Although some of the winners were not expected on Sunday night, each of the winners deserved this prestigious award for all of their hard work and contributions to their TV show.