Thollander Researches Worldwide

Robert Thollander, a lover of plants and animals, has been teaching science for over eight years and joins Trinity to teach 6th and 7th grade science. Thollander is also leading the Middle School Science Olympiad Team, as well as Gaming Club.

“I’m really happy to be here teaching sixth and seventh grade science,” Thollander said. “The excitement that middle schoolers have when learning new topics is fun and unique.”

Along with teaching, he also attends NASA’s Endeavor Program for STEM Leadership through Columbia Teacher’s College. With his various investigations concerning the surface of the moon and satellites, Thollander applies his work with NASA to his own teaching methods.

“I like to use unique learning experiences that get students engaged and excited about science,” Thollander said.

Thollander has traveled all around the world: he has already cliff dived in Hawaii, backpacked in Iceland, lived in the rainforest of Australia, and independently researched plants and animals in Costa Rica.

“I love traveling,” Thollander said. “I try to travel as much as possible.”

Whether he is travelling for leisure or for adventure, he always ventures to do scientific research on his annual excursions.

Thollander’s other hobbies include walking his dogs and gardening. He uses his garden for research purposes, as well as cooking homemade meals with tomatoes, herbs and cucumbers.