Culture Fest 2022

Students+and+their+families+come+together+to+share+their+culture+with+Trinity.+
    Anuha Tatineni
    Students and their families come together to share their culture with Trinity.

This year, Trinity introduced Culture Fest on April 26. The festival was planned to make its debut in 2020 but COVID-19 prevented it. 

During Culture Fest, students are able to share their heritage with their peers and staff by bringing in different food and traditions. 10th Grade and foreign exchange student Philippa Bastian from Germany got to share her German traditions.

“I had fun sharing my home country with people, especially my friends since I’m living in theirs,” Bastian said. 

Around 75 students volunteered this year to help with setting up and running the booths, which consisted of cultural food and traditional activities. 

“My booth has german cookie decorating, pretzels, and music,” Bastian said. “I really liked seeing everyone trying to decorate.” 

In addition to Culture Fest, flamenco dancers were brought on campus to perform for students and staff.  The performance consisted of four flamenco dancers and even had crowd interaction where they brought some audience members on stage.

“I’m glad I attended the [flamenco dancers’ performance because I felt like it was a good way to indulge myself in the South American culture,” sophomore, Olivia Kortman said.