Basketball team and student body are all in

The boys basketball team advanced to regional quarterfinals this year, just as far as any other team in Trinity’s history.  The team finished the season with a record of 18-10.  
  Senior Mitchell Lamoriello said, “I don’t think many people were going to believe how far we’ve come. We showed them we are good enough and bought into what Coach Davis said.”  The team had a bit of slump after Christmas with a six game losing streak,  but they were able to rebound and fought their way to Regionals.
  After putting in hard work throughout the season, Sophomore Kobe Eichelberger was voted to First Team All District by vote of the district coaches.
  “I feel pretty honored but I would never have been able to do it without my teammates,” said Eichelberger.       
  The last few games of their season came alive with hundreds of fans showing their support for the team.  Deafening cheers filled the gym after each well executed play and threw off the opposing teams when they made an error. The back row of the stands was electrified with students who had painted their bodies to spell out “Trinity Prep!” Even after the tough loss, the fans sung the team off with the alma mater. The fans were essential in keeping the morale of the team in pace with the intensity of the game.
  “We are all one family and it’s all about the spirit.  The games had some of the best environments I had seen on campus in years,” said senior fans Brock Lilley and Karl Kniel.  
  Junior TJ Amalbert also added, “I love playing in front of a big crowd to play my game.  It also gets us motivated and gets in the other team’s heads.”

Head coach David Davis even said, “I can honestly say that the players played hard, but the student fan section had a lot to do with us winning a District Championship.”  

An important aspect of the team’s successes was also the team chemistry that lasted on and off the court. Teammates were very close to each other and the cooperation among them was easily seen, even from the perspectives of the fans.

“There was great team chemistry. It all started in the off-season when the players were lifting weights and participating in some cross country running,” said Davis.

The squad was also the first district team to go to back-to-back district championship games.  The basketball team this year made history and will continue to live on with the addition of the 2013 district championship banner hanging on the wall of the DAC.