You’re not seeing things: Class of 2020 sets sights on greatness

Trinity+boasts+four+top+athletes+in+the+class+of+2020--Mamush+and+Kayamo+Galloway%2C+Joseph+Pagdin+and+Audrey+McAnally.+
LEXIE DANTES
Trinity boasts four top athletes in the class of 2020–Mamush and Kayamo Galloway, Joseph Pagdin and Audrey McAnally.

For most athletes, it takes years to achieve a national ranking in any sport.  Most schools are lucky to have a handful of top athletes.  This is not the case for Trinity Prep.  Trinity boasts four top athletes in the class of 2020-Mamush and Kayamo Galloway, Joseph Pagdin and Audrey McAnally.

Joseph Pagdin caught the eyes of many students this summer when he was featured on Trinity’s website for his hole-in-one at the Junior Masters.  Born in England, Pagdin began playing golf when he was about four years old.  He is one of the top golfers in the nation for his age group.  Last year he placed third at the U.S. Kids Golf Championship at Pinehurst. He also recently just won the PGA Invitational at Port St. Lucie, Florida, for the second straight year. Pagdin finished the season as the number one golfer on Trinity’s JV team and averaged a score of around 36, or par.  He finished the season undefeated.  He also won the TFA 18 hole invitational by shooting a score of 70, which beat the next lowest score by five strokes. He devotes about 15-18 hours.  Even though he devotes so much time to practice, he is still able to have fun otherwise.

“I like to kayak, fish and hunt [in my free time]” Pagdin said.

The Saints golf program is very excited to have Joseph Pagdin on board.

Mamush and Kayamo Galloway are currently the number one and number two runners on the JV cross country team. They are also two of the top five runners in the nation.  Mamush currently holds the fastest 5k time for middle school runners in the nation, and Kayamo is second. The brothers practice around two hours a day every day of the week.  They started running competitively in just second grade.  With all the time devoted to running, it can become difficult to balance the workload that this school requires.

“It was kind of hard to stay organized at first, but I’m getting used to it,” Mamush said.  However, the two already feel at home here. “I love everything about Trinity!” Mamush said.

The cross country program will be in good hands with the Galloway brothers.

Audrey McAnally is currently the number one runner on the girls JV cross country team for the Saints.McAnally has been having a very productive season.  In fact, she has been practicing with the boys team to help her keep a faster pace.

“My favorite part about running on the JV cross country team is that I get to practice with the boys, which pushes me to go faster.” McAnally said.

McAnally runs about 20 hours a week.  Between track and cross country seasons, she runs on her club team, the Central Florida Gliders.

“ I love having Coach Dowdy as my coach. My favorite thing about Trinity is the teachers because they are so helpful and caring.” McAnally said.

The  JV Cross Country team without a doubt has a very bright future ahead.