Playoff Berth Provides Great Opportunities for Payers

The Trinity Prep Varsity Football team finished off their season with a big win against Cocoa Beach and awaited their chance at a spot in the playoffs. 

According to Michael Tight, a starting receiver and defensive back on the team, some players took hours trying to calculate their chances at making the playoffs before the playoff teams were announced. 

The team received word that they had made the playoffs and began to prepare for their next game. Many players were excited about the news and and their chance at continuing their season.

“I was glad we got the chance to play because it’s what we have worked for all year,” said Tight.

A goal of the team to make the playoffs was finally accomplished. 

Although not as successful as many coaches and players would have hoped, the Varsity football team made the most of their trip to the playoffs. The team played in one game against The First Academy on Friday, November 8th. 

The team’s trip to the playoffs ended that night as they fought hard against The First Academy. Many of the players were disappointed after their loss, but still understand that this was a step in the right direction for the program. 

“I thought it was a good experience for everyone to be able to compete for something” said Tight.

This year was the first time that the varsity football team had made the playoffs in five years and it provided a great opportunity and experience for all of the players. Younger players were able to have the experience of playing on a playoff bound team as well as playing and experiencing a high school playoff game. 

The experience from this year will lead to players being more prepared for the next season and many other seasons in the future.