Monte Carlo Auction will be “unforgettable”

An evening of dining and dancing, the Monte Carlo Auction will be held on March 16th at the Caribe Royale in Orlando. The event will begin at 7 o’clock, and guests will have the chance to bid on an ample amount of items.
“We will have six live auction items, as well as 300 other items being sold during the silent portion of the auction,” said Auction Liaison Marti Polaski. The silent portion of the auction consists of people writing down their names and bidding. “The price range of the items varies as much as the items themselves. We have items with bids starting as low as $10 up to an opening bid of $48,000 for a yacht. There is something for everybody at this auction.”
  Even though there are a variety of items being auctioned, the most impressive one of them is “Unforgettable.”
According the the school website, the winner of “Unforgettable” will be able to select a seven-day window between September and December to enjoy a Caribbean cruise on a 137 foot long private yacht.

A maximum of eight people can attend.

The professional crew consists of a captain, chief, engineer, two deck hands, two stewardesses, and a chef.

Jetskis, diving and fishing equipment, meals, and beverages are provided.Airfare is not included.

The cruise will be auctioned during the live portion of the evening.
“It’s really a spectacular item. We’ve never had anything quite on that level. It’s probably worth a lot more,” said Polaski.
In addition to the bidding, a remarkable evening of entertainment and delicious food has been planned for guests by Monte Carlo Chairs Karon Simms, Lisa Everett, and Paula Loftus.
“The dress code for the event is black-tie optional: dark suits or tuxedos for the men and cocktail dresses or gowns for the women. Derek and the Slammers will be providing the dance music,” said Polaski. “Lastly, the food will be buffet style with cold and hot stations, and bidding will be done by the use of iTouch through Bidpal.”
The evening will also include the Gala Wine Grab.

Guests can purchase bottles of wine by choosing a numbered cork from a basket; each numbered cork corresponds with a bottle of wine.

In hopes of increasing participation in the auction, guests are encouraged to donate any additional bottles of wine.
Invites for the auction were sent during February, and many have already made reservations to attend.
“As of now, we have about 170 reservations. However, we expect the amount of guests to surpass 300  for the event in March,” said Polaski.
  At the 2011 auction, Trinity Prep friends and families raised above $140,000, and this auction is expected to raise even more.
The majority of the proceeds from the event funds items on the faculty wish-list-enhancements that the operating budget is not able to cover. The balance of the revenue goes into a Trinity Prep Board of Trustees designated fund, which supports student financial aid and faculty professional development,” said Polaski.
  It is anticipated that the auction will be a huge success in its efforts to benefit the school.