Hartung Heads External Affairs

Hartung+running+in+one+of+his+many+marathons.+
Photo provided by Todd Hartung
Hartung running in one of his many marathons.

Todd Hartung runs external affairs, but he also runs for sport, specifically marathons. Trinity’s brand new assistant head of external affairs carries his passion for exercising and staying fit from North Carolina to Florida. 

Hartung is originally from Madison, Connecticut, a quaint beach town where he spent his childhood. He attended boarding school before going to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he then spent the next 25 years in the state. He then went on to get his Master in Business Administration from Wake Forest University at the Babcock Graduate School of Management.

After graduating from Wake Forest, Hartung went on to hold administrative positions at several other schools and currently has one here at Trinity Prep. This position serves to advance the school outside of the classroom through admissions, marketing, strategic communication, and development. Additionally, Hartung is in charge of raising the level and the profile of Trinity Prep in the Orlando market. Outside of working at Trinity Prep, he participates in trail biking and running. 

Hartung participated in 31 marathons in a span of four years, but he did not start there. Prior to this impressive feat, he was not an avid runner. Once he got into the sport after he graduated from college, he gave it his all. 

“[I] just really enjoyed [running], and then started doing half-marathons and full marathons, and then I qualified for the Boston Marathon and ran that a couple of times, and then I did 50-mile races,” Hartung said. 

Such races are not easy to run, and training is challenging more often than not. However, Hartung’s motivation and drive to run such tough races reveal his personality. 

“I have that type of personality [where when] I get into something, I like to go all in,” Hartung said.

Hartung’s committed mindset ties into his move to Florida as well, and in this case, going “all in” for him meant moving his whole family from North Carolina to Florida. The product of this decision, according to Hartung, was positive for him and his family. 

“Just being here, even for a short time, I think I’m reassured that it was the right move for our family,” Hartung said. “I think the students and faculty have been really welcoming to my children.”