• May 9AP Exams

New Plans on the Horizon

Mr.+Palumbo%2C+science+teacher+and+basketball+coach%2C+coaching+senior+Jake+Male+from+the+sideline.++
Jackson Napier
Mr. Palumbo, science teacher and basketball coach, coaching senior Jake Male from the sideline.

After 3 years of teaching biology and coaching basketball at Trinity Prep, science teacher Anthony Palumbo has decided it is time for a new adventure. He left a lasting legacy at Trinity and plans to continue his passion for inspiring young students through his love of sports and science at Berkeley Prep in Tampa, Florida. 

“I don’t like to get complacent in life,” Palumbo said. “I’m always on the move.” 

Palumbo explains his move from Philadelphia to Florida where he began his teaching career at Trinity. He mentioned he has always loved Florida, and when an opportunity to work at Trinity Prep presented itself, he did not hesitate to take the job.

“Trinity has a great reputation,” Palumbo said. “I was well aware of their reputation from 1000 miles away.”

Palumbo notes that this huge transition was made easier for him by the friendly people who welcomed him to Trinity. 

“I really enjoyed getting to know people like [Ms. Lopez], Coach Eliason, and Coach Sukup,” Palumbo said. “A small group of individuals took me in.”

Palumbo recalls having created wonderful memories at Trinity and especially enjoyed teaching students general biology. He feels he has made a difference in students’ lives by getting them excited about subjects they would normally not be interested in. 

“I believe that I became a voice for those kids who weren’t super excited about math and science,” Palumbo said. “I gave them a platform to be successful in a class that they normally weren’t successful in the past.”

Furthermore, he enjoyed coaching the JV boys and girls basketball teams and witnessing them becoming more mature and competitive as players and students. 

While Palumbo is sad to leave the Trinity family behind, he is excited about his move to Tampa and the opportunities it may bring.

“Tampa has always been a favorite part of Florida for me,” Palumbo said. “I grew up going to Tampa. My girlfriend got a job in Tampa, so it just ended up working out.”

Palumbo looks forward to the next stages of his life including being surrounded by friends and family in Tampa and potentially starting a family of his own. After years of moving around the country, he has finally decided it is time to settle down in a spot where he feels he has room to grow in every aspect of his life, whether it be personal or professional. 

Palumbo has been a great addition to the Trinity Prep family, and the school tremendously benefited from the hours of work and support he has contributed to the science department and athletics department. The support he has given to many students that has furthered their academic and athletic careers will never be forgotten.