• May 9AP Exams

Lehman Leaves Trinity to Reunite with Family

After his first year at Trinity, computer science teacher Alexander Lehman has decided to leave Trinity to move closer to family. During his time at Trinity, Mr. Lehman taught Innovation and Design for all grades and middle school computer science. 

He has been a teacher for seven years and was inspired to pursue this career by one of his former teachers.

“My high school teacher was a marketing teacher, and he inspired me to become a teacher,” Lehman said. “When I was in college, I wasn’t sure what route I wanted to go [down]. Then I thought back to the impact he had on me and I decided I wanted to have that impact on students.”

According to Lehman, computer science was a natural fit for him to teach as he always had an affinity for technology.

His interest in computer science and desire to inspire students led him to Trinity.

“I was very impressed by Trinity’s resume,” Lehman said. “Being in the computer science field and knowing the different [opportunities], such as robotics, that Trinity offers…I just fell in love with that.”

Lehman enjoyed his classes’ flexibility, allowing him to explore potential lessons and projects with his students.

“Being an elective [teacher], I’m able to get creative and decide what I think is important and what should be taught,” Lehman said.

Lehman is relocating to Tennessee near his wife’s family and intends to continue teaching computer science at his new school.

Trinity has allowed him to build strong relationships with his students, which Lehman says was his favorite aspect of his year of teaching.

“Having small class sizes allowed me to get to know [my students] better, as well as my advisory,” Lehman said. “[I was] able to learn more about my students and to build relationships.”