Search for a sense of spring style

EMMA COHN

It’s time to pack up winter clothing and put it in the very back of your closet. Now we can all start wearing our favorite, adorable spring clothing. Amid the season, it’s time for light-colored pastels and floral sundresses. Bring out your jean shorts, Lilly Pulitzer prints and flip flops. If you need a few ideas for some fun, effortless outfits-you are in the right place.

You can’t call yourself a true Floridian unless you have spent endless hours of fun at the beach. To style a fun outfit for the beach, throw your hair up into a messy bun, an adorable, easy-on-the-eyes way to style your hair. A flowy tank is a perfectly comfy shirt to lounge in. It is very comfortable and can be worn with almost anything. You can wear it with a bathing suit or a lace bandeau.  Bandeaus are bralettes to wear under clothing, and have a similar look to strapless bikini tops. When wearing a tank with a bandeau, contrast them to add a little spunk to the outfit.

If you want a beach look, try a dark blue tank with a coral-colored bandeau. You can find cute bandeaus at Charlotte Russe for great prices.  Adding a pair of highwaisted shorts will make an unbeatable combo. If you’re following the same color scheme as above, it would be best to go with a pair of white shorts. I highly suggest a pair of gold Jack Rogers. Sandals are classy, comfy and easy to slide off if you want to dip your toes in the water. Accessorize with an ankle bracelet. Almost everyone has one and wears it for half the summer. Souvenir ankle bracelets can add some great contrast to your look and are a fun reminder of where you have been or what you have done.

In the spring, we love to be causal, but sometimes we need to be dressy. A fancier and more preferable hairstyle than the messy bun is two french braids. French braids are classy, yet still embody that casual, fun spring look you’re going for. Cute spring dresses are all over the place. One very popular style is the sweetheart neckline. This accessory has oomph, but still conservative enough to wear to Sunday church.

Another dress style is the fit and flare. It starts off tighter, and at the waist the skirt flares out. If you pick out a cute solid color dress, why not just add a braided belt? Sometimes, it’s the little details that really pull the whole outfit together and can also add a little personal touch. As footwear, you can wear strappy sandals. If your dress is patterned, it’s best to stick with simpler shoes. If you have a solid colored dress on, maybe wear showy sandals to add to the outfit. Since jewelry is the backbone of every outfit, put on a cute necklace or try some bangles that match the color schemes of this outfit.

In the spring and summer, the heat is the deciding factor for your outfit, especially in Florida. There are definitely some Do’s and Don’ts of spring fashion to keep in mind amid the seasons.

“Never wear anything long sleeve and/or black in the spring because you will die of heat,” freshman Angela Alvarez said.

This advice applies to both genders. No one wants to be caught outside in the heat with long sleeves or dark colors on.

Sophomore Arianna Dantes thinks that the biggest spring mistake is mixing patterns. Too many patterns can be overwhelming. Pick patterns that don’t clash, but instead seamlessly blend the outfit together.

Do wear flip flops as much as possible. They are comfy and will not overheat your feet. Also, you don’t have to worry about getting them dirty, because honestly there isn’t much of the shoe to get dirt on.

If you wear these outfits, you’re on the track to looking like a professional fashionista. The wonderful thing about these clothing choices is that you can mix and match each piece. Choose your favorite colors and styles, and rock your own personalized outfit.

Spring/Summer must-haves:

1. Pastel/white nail polish

2. Flash tattoos

3. Sunglasses

4. Water-proof camera

5. Floral bralettes

6. Pool raft

7. Sunscreen

8. Cheap jewelry

9. Picnic blanket

10. Patterned headband

11. A bright smile

Fun OutfitEMMA COHN