Sheerios and Tolkeinists alike eagerly await “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be in theaters on December 13.
Courtesy of imbd.com

Ed Sheeran and J.R.R. Tolkein fans, do not fret. The long drought is officially over. Sheeran recently released his newest single, “I See Fire” on November 4. “I See Fire” will be featured as the end credit song for Peter Jackson’s new film, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Sheeran’s new song was a hit among Sheerios and Tolkienists alike. Even though it was released in the middle of the week, the song still managed to hit the top of the charts without any radio or tv promos.

Sheeran did not fail to disappoint fans with the new single. The song is soft and emotional, a tone not unfamiliar to Sheeran’s angelic voice. “I See Fire” is only the preamble to the storm soon to come with the release of Sheeran’s second album, scheduled for mid-February.

“I See Fire” is the first song to be released from The Desolation of Smaug’s official movie soundtrack, which will be out on December 10, 2013, only three days before the release of the film.

Many fans are eagerly awaiting the release of The Desolation of Smaug as it will be filled with excitement and action. In the sequal to The Hobbit: An Unexprected Journey, the movie follows Bilbo Baggins as he sets off to the Lonely Mountain with a group of dwarves in order to reclaim their stolen home from the evil dragon, Smaug.

So far, Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves have triumphantly made it through the Misty Mountains, and Bilbo has obtained the One Ring. Bilbo and the group are now advancing their journey in hopes of reclaiming their gold from Smaug.

This film will contain many of the same cast members as the first film, with Ian McKellan playing Gandalf and Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins.

There are high expectations for The Desolation of Smaug since the first film won many awards and was even nominated for several Oscars. An Unexpected Journey won the ASCAP Award for Top Box Office Films, the Saturn Award for Best Production Design, the Empire Award for Best Science-Fiction/Fantasy and Best Actor (Martin Freeman), and the MTV Movie Award for Best Hero (Martin Freeman). It was nominated for the following Oscars: Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Achievement in Visual Effects, and Best Achievement in Production Design.

To say that the visual effects are amazing is an understatement. Every minor detail was perfected in order to create the world Tolkien had envisioned. Everything from the woods in which they traveled, to the creation of the character ‘Gollum’ was amazing.

Seeing The Desolation of Smaug will be a great way to kick off the winter break. Check out the music video for “I See Fire” and the trailer for The Desolation of Smaug below!

I See Fire- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf8Fwiy0Bkc

The Desolation of Smaug- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvGcbFIfJos