Santa’s secret playlist

The holiday season is already in full gear with festive lights, candy canes and plans for secret Santas. To help you get in the Christmas mood, here are some Christmas tunes that make for a great holiday playlist.

“It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Buble

With his instantly recognizable voice and Christmas covers always playing on the radio, Michael Buble is considered to be one of the greats in holiday-time music. This song, in particular, is excellent because it sounds like a classic snowy fairytale. The track goes into depth about the atmosphere during Christmas time and is especially great to listen to while sitting by your Christmas tree with a hot chocolate.

“All I Want For Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

Easily one of the most popular songs of the Christmas season, Mariah Carey’s hit, “All I Want For Christmas” is essential for every Christmas playlist. From Carey performing it on James Corden’s carpool karaoke with more than 38 million views to being sung in movies such as “Love Actually,” the song always brings with it a holiday feel.

“Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande

“Santa Tell Me” is one of Ariana Grande’s hit singles. The song brings fun and catchy lyrics and melody to a holiday that is typically characterized by traditional songs and carols. Grande’s channels her signature R&B pop “vibe” throughout the song. In the song, she releases her inner child, playing on the idea of asking Santa if she should let herself fall in love with another guy.

“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Sam Smith

Sam Smith’s cover of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” offers a mellow and relaxing feeling amidst the fast-paced and high-energy season. Smith’s vocals are strong throughout the song, making it perfect for relaxation and self-reflection After Smith’s cover was released, it appeared on the Billboard US Holiday 100 at number nine.

“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams

This upbeat song is one of the more distinctive songs of the holiday season. The song emphasizes the celebrations during the holiday season and sharing it with friends and family. Some of the activities that Williams sings about that make up the Christmas season are hosting parties, friends coming over, toasting marshmallows, retelling stories and singing carols.

For more great Christmas songs that get in the mood for the holiday season, check out Spotify’s multiple playlists.